Quality Care with Christian Values
Our heartbeat is to provide a quality caring service for older people, in a loving Christian environment. This value permeates everything we do and say, and is our goal for all our staff. As a values-based community, Tamahere Eventide further expresses its values in our Philosophy of Aged Care. These beliefs are our non-negotiables and help create the atmosphere of care that we are proud of.
Our Philosophy of Aged Care is:
- We believe that the whole of life, from birth to death, has meaning and purpose. Old age is an intrinsic part of all the previous years that a person has lived.
- We believe that every person, including the very old and frail, is created in the image of God, possesses an innate dignity, loved by God and that there is nothing in life or death that can separate us from that love.
- We provide for elderly people regardless of race, culture and creed.
- We seek within the limitations of our resources, to provide assistance to those in need regardless of their capacity to pay.
- We believe that the physically and mentally frail are to be provided with special care and consideration and treated with dignity and respect.
- We aim to provide maximum independence.
- Where possible, we encourage residents to make decisions and choices, which affect their life.
- We express a concern for the wholeness of the person by providing an environment that meets the needs of the whole person – physical, mental emotional and spiritual
- We respect individual needs and preferences, encouraging participation in programmes and activities whilst allowing residents freedom of choice.
- We ensure that adequate resources are provided so that every resident in our Home has access to the health care they require.
- As staff our aim is to create in this Home, a family atmosphere in which we value, care about and support one another.