Visits to Tamahere Eventide & Atawhai Assisi
Visitors from Auckland welcome if they are vaccinated and have a My Vaccine Pass.
Update on unvaccinated visitors including children under 12.
* Unfortunately, children under 12 will not be able to come into our facility. They can however visit outside.
Unvaccinated visitors will be required to show proof of a negative Covid swab no more than 72hrs old.
As of today - Friday the 21st of December 2021 we are able to complete rapid Antigen testing onsite. This will be available on Tuesday and Fridays from 1pm -3pm by appointment only and ONLY for over 12’s.
When: Between 1-3pm On Tuesday OR Friday. Bookings MUST be made at least the day before testing is required. NO drop in service will be available
Bookings can be made through reception on (07) 856 5162 or leave a message.
Where: At the main entrance, the RN will meet you there.
How: The R.A.T test is a nasal swab. This is done by swabbing both nostrils and is different from a nasopharyngeal test like you may have experienced at testing stations. You will be required to remain in your car during and after the test. The result will be available in 20 minutes and if negative you will be cleared to visit for 72 hours. After 72 hours you will require another negative test to visit.
If you test positive you will be advised to receive a further test through a testing station and you will not be able to visit.
* All unvaccinated visitors will be required to have a test and visit outside.
* When our residents go out with family over the holidays, we might do a RAT on day 3 and 5
* Random tests will be done on staff as well
* All visitors to complete the health screening questionnaire and sign in using the Covid tracer app
* Mask wearing is mandatory on each visit
* If you plan to take your loved one out for the day, please inform us how you plan to minimise any risk to Covid
Visiting remains between 12:00 – 3PM
You do not need to phone for an appointment to visit (with a vaccine pass)
Reminder to follow the current guidelines:
Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell especially with cold or flu symptoms or if you have visited with someone who was unwell in the last 48 hours, or has been to a place of interest
Visiting Tamahere Eventide:
* Please use the 2 main entrances when you come to visit please, Main reception and the Rest Home reception.
Visiting Atawhai Assisi:
* Please use the main entrances when you come to visit please.
- Rest Home Visitors access through reception
- Hospital access through hospital entrance.
To provide a quality caring service for older people,
in a Christian environment.
Professional Caring Service
We love providing a community that cares for the total needs of our aged care residents, in a warm-hearted and high-quality environment. With residential care facilities ranging from rest home care to independent living, all our practices seek to value our elderly clients and their families. Situated in the heartland of New Zealand, at Tamahere, Waikato, we welcome you to Tamahere Eventide.
All that we do at Tamahere Eventide is grounded on our Christian beliefs. At our core is the belief that we all possess an intrinsic dignity, as humans created and valued by an all-loving God. We aim to practice this care, value and love in all of our practices with our residents, affirming the meaning, dignity and beauty of old age.
Our Philosophy of Aged Care
- We believe that the whole of life, from birth to death, has meaning and purpose. Old age is an intrinsic part of all the previous years that a person has lived.
- We believe that every person, including the very old and frail, is created in the image of God, possesses an innate dignity, loved by God and that there is nothing in life or death that can separate us from that love.
- We provide for elderly people regardless of race, culture and creed.
- We seek within the limitations of our resources, to provide assistance to those in need regardless of their capacity to pay.
- We believe that the physically and mentally frail are to be provided with special care and consideration and treated with dignity and respect.
- We aim to provide maximum independence.
- Where possible, we encourage residents to make decisions and choices, which affect their life.
- We express a concern for the wholeness of the person by providing an environment that meets the needs of the whole person – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
- We respect individual needs and preferences, encouraging participation in programmes and activities whilst allowing residents freedom of choice.
- We ensure that adequate resources are provided so that every resident in ourHome has access to the health care they require.
- As staff our aim is to create in this Home, a family atmosphere in which we value, care about and support one another.