VISITORS TO TAMAHARE EVENTIDE AND ATAWHAI ASSISI
Now that the travel bubble is open again for some parts of Australia, we ask that families from Australia not to visit for the next 2 weeks so that we can see if it is safe and if there are no community cases or anymore scares like we have had in Wellington.
Our guidance from the New Zealand Age Care Association for our trans-Tasman families are as follows:
* Contact tracing is essential, please use our QR code on the Tracer App
* Take your temperature and complete the health screening questions in our visitors’ book
* Do NOT visit when you are feeling sick especially with any cold/ flu like symptoms
* Hand sanitise on arrival and during your visit. Hand sanitiser stations are on the walls and at the entrance.
* Please arrange a time when you are going to visit, length of visits to be restricted
* Try as much as possible to keep to physical distancing
* Masks are required and these will be provided for your visit.
* Only 2 family members at a time
We ask you keep in mind that COVID-19 is a highly infectious virus which poses an extraordinary threat to the health of everyone.
To provide a quality caring service for older people,
in a Christian environment.
Professional Caring Service
We love providing a community that cares for the total needs of our aged care residents, in a warm-hearted and high-quality environment. With residential care facilities ranging from rest home care to independent living, all our practices seek to value our elderly clients and their families. Situated in the heartland of New Zealand, at Tamahere, Waikato, we welcome you to Tamahere Eventide.
All that we do at Tamahere Eventide is grounded on our Christian beliefs. At our core is the belief that we all possess an intrinsic dignity, as humans created and valued by an all-loving God. We aim to practice this care, value and love in all of our practices with our residents, affirming the meaning, dignity and beauty of old age.
Our Philosophy of Aged Care
- We believe that the whole of life, from birth to death, has meaning and purpose. Old age is an intrinsic part of all the previous years that a person has lived.
- We believe that every person, including the very old and frail, is created in the image of God, possesses an innate dignity, loved by God and that there is nothing in life or death that can separate us from that love.
- We provide for elderly people regardless of race, culture and creed.
- We seek within the limitations of our resources, to provide assistance to those in need regardless of their capacity to pay.
- We believe that the physically and mentally frail are to be provided with special care and consideration and treated with dignity and respect.
- We aim to provide maximum independence.
- Where possible, we encourage residents to make decisions and choices, which affect their life.
- We express a concern for the wholeness of the person by providing an environment that meets the needs of the whole person – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
- We respect individual needs and preferences, encouraging participation in programmes and activities whilst allowing residents freedom of choice.
- We ensure that adequate resources are provided so that every resident in ourHome has access to the health care they require.
- As staff our aim is to create in this Home, a family atmosphere in which we value, care about and support one another.