VISITORS TO TAMAHARE EVENTIDE AND ATAWHAI ASSISI
No Visitors allowed to our care facilities.
During covid events our policy is to close the care facilities for visitors due to the high risk to residents. Visitors are only allowed during level 1.
Visitors from overseas will still have to stay away for another week after completing managed isolation.
All visitors are required to complete our visitors register and complete a temperature check.
In the meantime, we’d like to remind you of the steps you can take to help:
- Please wash hands regularly, this is the best defense against the spread of viruses.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please get a test.
- Please use the COVID-19 Tracer App and enable the Bluetooth function.
- Please do not visit any of our facilities if you are unwell at all. Postpone for another day
Chief Executive Officer
OPENING OF HOSPITAL AND APARTMENTS
The opening took place on 30 July 2020 with Naomi Jack (on behalf of Neville Jack) opening the Hospital (Nikau Wing) of 24 premium hospital beds and George Diprose opening the Harakeke Apartments. The ceremony was guided by Kaumatua Te Atutahi Riki, Fred Haimona and local representatives. The project was financed by Christian Savings.
Website for Christian Savings: https://www.christiansavings.co.nz/
To provide a quality caring service for older people,
in a Christian environment.
Professional Caring Service
We love providing a community that cares for the total needs of our aged care residents, in a warm-hearted and high-quality environment. With residential care facilities ranging from rest home care to independent living, all our practices seek to value our elderly clients and their families. Situated in the heartland of New Zealand, at Tamahere, Waikato, we welcome you to Tamahere Eventide.
All that we do at Tamahere Eventide is grounded on our Christian beliefs. At our core is the belief that we all possess an intrinsic dignity, as humans created and valued by an all-loving God. We aim to practice this care, value and love in all of our practices with our residents, affirming the meaning, dignity and beauty of old age.
Our Philosophy of Aged Care
- We believe that the whole of life, from birth to death, has meaning and purpose. Old age is an intrinsic part of all the previous years that a person has lived.
- We believe that every person, including the very old and frail, is created in the image of God, possesses an innate dignity, loved by God and that there is nothing in life or death that can separate us from that love.
- We provide for elderly people regardless of race, culture and creed.
- We seek within the limitations of our resources, to provide assistance to those in need regardless of their capacity to pay.
- We believe that the physically and mentally frail are to be provided with special care and consideration and treated with dignity and respect.
- We aim to provide maximum independence.
- Where possible, we encourage residents to make decisions and choices, which affect their life.
- We express a concern for the wholeness of the person by providing an environment that meets the needs of the whole person – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
- We respect individual needs and preferences, encouraging participation in programmes and activities whilst allowing residents freedom of choice.
- We ensure that adequate resources are provided so that every resident in ourHome has access to the health care they require.
- As staff our aim is to create in this Home, a family atmosphere in which we value, care about and support one another.