VISITING TO TAMAHARE EVENTIDE AND ATAWHAI ASSISI
VISITING ALLOWED SUBJECT TO:
* Masks are compulsory and will be available when you enter the building.
* You are required to complete our visitor’s register with your temperature and wellness check recorded. (Covid tracer app is also available and may be used in conjunction with our register)
* Hand sanitise on arrival and during your visit. Hand sanitiser stations are on the walls and at the entrance.
* Visiting will be between 1 to 3pm daily, Maximum of 2 visitors and for 30 minutes, no children under 12.
* We encourage you to use our outdoor areas (weather permitting) otherwise please remain in our dining rooms or lounges.
* Try as much as possible to keep to physical distancing
* No visitors to residents rooms, please use the designated areas.
No visitors from Auckland at this stage.
Reminder – Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell especially with cold or flu symptoms or if you have visited with someone who was unwell in the last 48 hours.
We would to take this opportunity to once again thank everyone for your support during these difficult times. Delta variant has shown how challenging Covid-19 is proving to be. We will endeavour to keep your loved ones safe, supported and loved and continue to look forward to a safer time for everyone.
To provide a quality caring service for older people,
in a Christian environment.
Professional Caring Service
We love providing a community that cares for the total needs of our aged care residents, in a warm-hearted and high-quality environment. With residential care facilities ranging from rest home care to independent living, all our practices seek to value our elderly clients and their families. Situated in the heartland of New Zealand, at Tamahere, Waikato, we welcome you to Tamahere Eventide.
All that we do at Tamahere Eventide is grounded on our Christian beliefs. At our core is the belief that we all possess an intrinsic dignity, as humans created and valued by an all-loving God. We aim to practice this care, value and love in all of our practices with our residents, affirming the meaning, dignity and beauty of old age.
Our Philosophy of Aged Care
- We believe that the whole of life, from birth to death, has meaning and purpose. Old age is an intrinsic part of all the previous years that a person has lived.
- We believe that every person, including the very old and frail, is created in the image of God, possesses an innate dignity, loved by God and that there is nothing in life or death that can separate us from that love.
- We provide for elderly people regardless of race, culture and creed.
- We seek within the limitations of our resources, to provide assistance to those in need regardless of their capacity to pay.
- We believe that the physically and mentally frail are to be provided with special care and consideration and treated with dignity and respect.
- We aim to provide maximum independence.
- Where possible, we encourage residents to make decisions and choices, which affect their life.
- We express a concern for the wholeness of the person by providing an environment that meets the needs of the whole person – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
- We respect individual needs and preferences, encouraging participation in programmes and activities whilst allowing residents freedom of choice.
- We ensure that adequate resources are provided so that every resident in ourHome has access to the health care they require.
- As staff our aim is to create in this Home, a family atmosphere in which we value, care about and support one another.