Visits to Tamahere Eventide & Atawhai Assisi
We now had visitors on site for a week and thank Families for following our restrictions. After careful review we are easing a couple of our restrictions as from Monday the 29th of November 2021. We are working on the vaccine verifier app to scan visitors in and hopefully we will have this up and running soon.
Visitation can now be 2 people at a time
Maximum of 30 minutes indoors
Visiting time can be extended between the hours of 12:00 – 15:00 only when visiting outside. Please use our beautiful gardens for this purpose.
Visiting hours is now extended from 12:00 – 15:00 PM daily.
Maintain a two metre distance between yourself, your loved one as well as other residents and staff.
No visitors from Auckland at this stage.
You are required to complete our visitor’s register with your temperature and wellness check recorded. (Please scan in as well with your COVID tracer App in conjunction with our register)
Masks are compulsory and will be available when you enter the building. Please use the surgical masks provided and not your personal mask.
Visitors are to be FULLY vaccinated and provide evidence before you visit.
Reminder to follow the current guidelines:
Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell especially with cold or flu symptoms or if you have visited with someone who was unwell in the last 48 hours, or has been to a place of interest
Visiting Tamahere Eventide:
* Please use the 2 main entrances when you come to visit please, Main reception and the Rest Home reception.
Visiting Atawhai Assisi:
* Please use the main entrances when you come to visit please.
- Rest Home Visitors access through reception
- Hospital access through hospital entrance.
To provide a quality caring service for older people,
in a Christian environment.
Professional Caring Service
We love providing a community that cares for the total needs of our aged care residents, in a warm-hearted and high-quality environment. With residential care facilities ranging from rest home care to independent living, all our practices seek to value our elderly clients and their families. Situated in the heartland of New Zealand, at Tamahere, Waikato, we welcome you to Tamahere Eventide.
All that we do at Tamahere Eventide is grounded on our Christian beliefs. At our core is the belief that we all possess an intrinsic dignity, as humans created and valued by an all-loving God. We aim to practice this care, value and love in all of our practices with our residents, affirming the meaning, dignity and beauty of old age.
Our Philosophy of Aged Care
- We believe that the whole of life, from birth to death, has meaning and purpose. Old age is an intrinsic part of all the previous years that a person has lived.
- We believe that every person, including the very old and frail, is created in the image of God, possesses an innate dignity, loved by God and that there is nothing in life or death that can separate us from that love.
- We provide for elderly people regardless of race, culture and creed.
- We seek within the limitations of our resources, to provide assistance to those in need regardless of their capacity to pay.
- We believe that the physically and mentally frail are to be provided with special care and consideration and treated with dignity and respect.
- We aim to provide maximum independence.
- Where possible, we encourage residents to make decisions and choices, which affect their life.
- We express a concern for the wholeness of the person by providing an environment that meets the needs of the whole person – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
- We respect individual needs and preferences, encouraging participation in programmes and activities whilst allowing residents freedom of choice.
- We ensure that adequate resources are provided so that every resident in ourHome has access to the health care they require.
- As staff our aim is to create in this Home, a family atmosphere in which we value, care about and support one another.