Hospital and Apartments completed and available.
Click on Tamahere Eventide for more information.
QSM for Tamahere Eventide Home Trust Board of Trustees Chairperson.
Neville Jack received a Queens Service Medal from Hamilton Major Andrew King at Tamahere Eventide Home & Retirement Village for service to the community on 21 September 2019. Neville was the chair from 1994 to 2019 and remains as a board of trustee member.
During this time Neville was instrumental in developing 108 villas, 19 rental apartments, a community centre, cafe, purchase of Atawhai Assisi Home & Hospital from the Catholic Church and a hospital & apartment block that is under construction. Neville also served on a number of boards including the Tidd foundation; a funder of a large number of charitable organisations. Neville lead the redevelopment of the Hamilton East Methodist Church building, which received three awards. Motor Neuron Disease NZ link: https://mnd.org.nz/
To provide a quality caring service for older people,
in a Christian environment.
Professional Caring Service
We love providing a community that cares for the total needs of our aged care residents, in a warm-hearted and high-quality environment. With residential care facilities ranging from rest home care to independent living, all our practices seek to value our elderly clients and their families. Situated in the heartland of New Zealand, at Tamahere, Waikato, we welcome you to Tamahere Eventide.
All that we do at Tamahere Eventide is grounded on our Christian beliefs. At our core is the belief that we all possess an intrinsic dignity, as humans created and valued by an all-loving God. We aim to practice this care, value and love in all of our practices with our residents, affirming the meaning, dignity and beauty of old age.
Our Philosophy of Aged Care
- We believe that the whole of life, from birth to death, has meaning and purpose. Old age is an intrinsic part of all the previous years that a person has lived.
- We believe that every person, including the very old and frail, is created in the image of God, possesses an innate dignity, loved by God and that there is nothing in life or death that can separate us from that love.
- We provide for elderly people regardless of race, culture and creed.
- We seek within the limitations of our resources, to provide assistance to those in need regardless of their capacity to pay.
- We believe that the physically and mentally frail are to be provided with special care and consideration and treated with dignity and respect.
- We aim to provide maximum independence.
- Where possible, we encourage residents to make decisions and choices, which affect their life.
- We express a concern for the wholeness of the person by providing an environment that meets the needs of the whole person – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
- We respect individual needs and preferences, encouraging participation in programmes and activities whilst allowing residents freedom of choice.
- We ensure that adequate resources are provided so that every resident in ourHome has access to the health care they require.
- As staff our aim is to create in this Home, a family atmosphere in which we value, care about and support one another.
Dedicated Education Unit
Tamahere Eventide & Atawhai Assisi and WINTEC operate a Dedicated Education Unit for term 3 nursing students in a supportive environment to maximize the students experience in an aged care rest home care, dementia care and community settings.
A DEU is a pre-existing clinical unit, such as a hospital ward or community clinic, that is developed to provide an optimal teaching and learning environment for students through the collaboration of the ward staff and the lecturers from the Department of Nursing and Health.